Thursday, February 9, 2012

4 Killer Crime Stories in 4 Minutes - Benjamin Sobieck

Goodness, this book was terrible. I do not even think terrible is accurate, but I am not sure that there is a word to describe how truly awful this book really is. I think it is supposed to be a collection of micro-fiction. What it really is, is a conduit for micro bleeds in the brain.

The first of the four, titled "Purgatory at the Pump 'n' Loaf" had to be the most ridiculous idea I had ever heard of, and it really was not put together in a way that made any sense to me.

The second story, titled "Use the Pillow" was another insanely stupid idea. I find it to be incredibly and amazingly stupid that he tries to write in the stop text manner to "simulate" hypnosis speech. I know of no hypnotic therapists that make every three words a sentence.

The third, titled "You're the Boss" made me want to find his house, and burn it to the ground with him in it...

I was grateful for "Timmy Says Out This in an eBook," not because it was any better than the others (because it wasn't), but because it was the last in a set of literary garbage that would make me want to shove an ice pick through my eye.

I love the disclaimer at the beginning of the book:

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you're reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.
It was not worth the 99 cents I paid for it! There is now way on this Earth that I would purchase it for anyone I care about. Hard work? I doubt it. Trust me on this one, save your money and your brain.

Half a star (for effort).


No comments:

Post a Comment